Clamps on cables for wire rope hoist, elevator and crane overload prevention and slackline detection.
Installs in minutes with screwdriver and Allen wrench.
The Dillon CraneGard Clamp-on Load Cell Cable Overload Protection for wire rope hoist, elevator and crane overload prevention and slackline detection. Installs in minutes with screwdriver and Allen wrench.
Installation is simplicity itself. Clamp the Cranegard directly onto a slack hoist or crane wire rope quickly without severing rope or interrupting service. Up to four switches can be furnished. Switch actuates immediately when pre-set load limit is exceeded.
Dillon will set the switches to trigger at the loads you desire, if specified at time of order.
- Basic units can accommodate 1,2,3 or 4 of option B or 1 or 2 of option C switches
- Ultimate safety factor of all units is 2:1 (1.8:1 for metric capacities)
- Cable should be IWRC (Independent Wire Rope Core) with as many strands as possible.
- Wire rope selection for any application for proper safety factor is a customer responsibility.
- Calibration performed with rope diameter specified at order.
|Min. Set Point|
|CGS-1||2,500 (1250)||100 (50)||75 (35)||3/16 to 1/2 (5 to 13)|
|CGS-2||5,000 (2500)||200 (100)||150 (75)||3/8 to 7/8 (10 to 22)|
|CGS-3||10,000 (5000)||400 (200)||300 (150)||7/16 to 7/8 (11 to 22)|
|CGS-4||20,000 (10000)|| 800 (400)||600 (300)||5/8 to 11/4 (16 to 32)|
|Model||Switch Option|| Width|
| 3.6 (9.2)|
|5.4 (13.7)||11.5 (29.2)|
|CGS-2||1C|| 5.0 (12.7) ||6.0 (15.2)||11.5 (29.2)|
|CGS-3||2C|| 7.3 (18.4)||6.0 (15.2)||11.5 (29.2)|
|7.8 (19.7)|| 16.0 (40.6)|
* Specify rope diameter when ordering. Other rope diameters can be specified on special order.
Force control switch
Force control switches are used to protect cranes, hoists and other lifting machinery against weight or force overload as well as slack load. They are also used to perform control functions in the case of DynaSwitch. There are no dial indicators associated with these devices, only switches which not only shut off power when an overload condition exists, but also operate lights, buzzers or klaxons to warn of an impeding overload.
The Cranegard clamps on to the line allowing it to be mounted where it is not possible to mount a DynaSwitch. No rope cutting is required.
When ordering Cranegards:
- Specify Model number.
- Specify pulley size (determined by rope diameter).
- Specify switch option and quantity.
- Specify switch set point(s) if factory setting is desired.
For a 5,000 lb capacity unit with pulleys grooved for 5/8" rope diameter, with three weatherproof option B switches, set at 2,000, 3,000, and 4,000 lb.
Use this shortened form to designate models and options:
CGS-2-B3 For 5/8" rope diameter Switch settings at 2,000 lb (ascending), 3,000 lb (ascending) and 4,000 lb (ascending).